Saturday, November 12, 2011

Some old work.

I am determined to post on this blog.  First I feel like I must get rid of the old to make way for the new.  So I’m going to post some old work prior to my day’s at Cal State Northdridge, some if not all of these could be found at my DeviantArt account. Following this, I shall post work from my first semester at the school, which I will be developing more one way or another. Then we should be caught up to the present, and I will post work from this semester and sketches from my sketchbooks.
            Okay blog, do your thing, motivate me to draw more.

 2006
While I was in the Marines, I painted the helicopters.  Every squadron is allowed one “flagship,” one helicopter that is allowed to be painted outside of regulations.  This is the flagship of 00 at HMM-265.  Usually only the kanji for dragon is on the side of the birds, but I designed the dragon to go around it, and it is now used as the squadron patch today.
 2008

2009
broken color

These are a few paintings done at AVC.  I love using oil paint, and I really want to find more time getting my brushes dirty again.


 2010
Danny Trejo

Kazuto Nakazawa

So due to late registration to CSUN, I had some free time off.  During that time, I decided to audit an illustration class, and watercoloring glass at AVC.  The two above are from my illustration class.  We had to do a portrait of a famous person, and I just finish watching machete with my grandmother (her movie pick).  Compact charcoal is my favorite medium to work with, closely followed by oil paint.
The next assignment was to draw our favorite artist, and incorporate their work.  Kazuto Nakazawa is my favorite animator, and behind him you could see clips from Linkin Park’s music video “Breaking the Habit,” Animatrix’s “Kid’s Story,” the anime cut scene from Kill Bill Vol. 1, and Samurai Champloo.  Done in watercolor and watercolor pencils.


No comments:

Post a Comment