Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dreamwork Critique

I haven’t posted much lately.  I’ve been working on some Maya projects, but feel I should take out my sketch book pretty soon.  Nevertheless, here’s what I’ve been working on, if you’ve been to my blog before, or even just scroll down, you’ll see Gina.  Soon she’ll be in 3D.  The other model is a spaceship I decided to work on.  I keep going back and forth between the two. It helps, because sometimes you need a break from on project.  For the spaceship, I’ve been making different props to put in the ship from time to time as well.  I’m later going to put in details and designs into the ship wall, floor and what not.  If you have any suggestions, let me know.
But the main reason is because Dreamworks Critique is coming up, and hopefully I’ll be able to go. If I’m really lucky, I’ll be sitting up in front of everyone being told what I did wrong.  And believe it or not, that’s the one I want.

Gina is unfinished, her hair is being a problem and I'm not ready to attach her limbs yet.  It’s a very stylistic character, so I’m trying to stay true to that.
Gina (front)


Gina (right)
Sometimes I like to use Maya as a sketch book, where I open her up and just start modeling.  That is what I’m doing here.  But still, like drawing something I’m not to sure about, I do look at references as I go along.

Ship

Cockpit

Crew Quarter 

Captain Quarters

Engine Room


No comments:

Post a Comment